Saturday, July 08, 2006

Injury Alert!

I kn0w, I've been absent for some time... Believe it or n0t, I really do have a (kind-if) good excuse. OK, not a really great excuse. But I'll just have to come to terms with the fact that I'm not as good at this as Di is! Seriously though, on Wednesday, while I was innocently cleaning up after dinner, there was an unfortunate incident involving a fork tine and my thumb. Trust me, you don't want further details. Suffice it to say that the pain was extreme, and any sort of contact with my thumb was (and is) excruciating. My doc told me that it would probably continue to worsen for the first 48-72 hrs, and then should begin to improve. She's a smart lady -- it did seem to turn a corner today. The swelling is down, the heat is down, and as long as I don't let anything touch my thumb (and I remember my Advil dose), the throbbing is almost gone. This is the first day I've been willing to attempt to type, as up to this point even flexing my thumb (which seems to happen even when you type using only pointer fingers!) was quite uncomfortable. So I blame all typos on my injury and am accepting sympathy gifts. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Love the picture :) Your poor thumb!

10:09 AM  
Blogger SunshinyLiving said...

So you're telling me that you made your dinner list AND shopped for it...all w/an injured thumb??? You make me look baaaaad!

8:02 PM  
Blogger SunshinyLiving said...

Hi Aunt Mel, you had a pretty good excuse.(I shure need one.) = Chloe

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home